So the lovely Candace Knoebel gave me a Blog of the Year award a few days ago – just in time before the end of 2012. At first I had no idea what it was – which just shows you how “in” I am with this whole internet malarky 😉 – but thankfully she explained it all on her own blog, so now I’m that little bit smarter 🙂
I’m supposed to nominate a few people in turn, so here’s the list of who’s and why’s:
1. Nominating-back Candace Knoebel herself, for launching a full-scale marketing campaign of her book which puts my sorry efforts to shame. Seriously, she’s everywhere! 🙂
2. Saffron Strands, a food blogger from London, whose passion for seasonal produce and Maltby Street Market is inspiring.
3. Collette J. Ellis, a brilliant Welsh artist who paints dragons for a living. I’m working with her on a few projects now, and I’m expecting great things to come from it!
4. Chris Stocking’s Write to Perfect – 1800 followers and counting, a fellow steampunk writer and a prolific blogger.
5. YA Book Bridges – a teacher who reviews YA books from the point of view of teachers and parents. What a brilliant idea!
And now, for those who are as in dark as I was, them’s the rules:
Do you know a blog that deserves an award?
Do you have special blogs that you love to read?
Which blogs do you bookmark and follow?
Would you like to give them an award this year?
Then the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award is for you!
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Badges
Here are the six badges for you to collect – you can either ‘swop’ your badge for the next one each time you are given the award – or even proudly display all six badges if you are lucky enough to be presented with the award six times!
Need to know more? Check out our FAQ page
And Congratulations! on being chosen for the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – thumbnails
Here are the 6 awards in thumbnail size for your sidebar – feel free to Right Click and save any of the images on this page: